Friday, March 13, 2015

The A-List: My Top 3 Most Awaited KPOP Group Debuts of 2015

According to Wikipedia, there are a total of 23 KPOP rookie groups who will debut this year. Amongst all of these groups from different entertainment companies, I picked out 3 of these rookie groups that I've been wanting and waiting to debut this 2015. .I've known these groups for quite sometime and had been following them through social media, news and entertainment articles, cameos, etc. and now that its 2015, I really can't wait to see them perform on stage and debut as mainstream KPOP artists.

First up is Cube Entertainment's first multinational girl group, CLC (Crystal Clear). It is a 5 member girl group consisting of Seunghee, Sorn, Yoojin, Seungyeon, and Yeeun. So how did these girls got my attention? Flashback in 2011, when Thai contestant Sorn won the very first season of Kpop Star Hunt. I can clearly remember how she used to have black/brown hair plus she really looks like Selena Gomez' twin sister. During that time, I appreciate more of her dancing than her singing, and now as years passed with her, training under Cube Entertainment, and after watching clips of CLC's street performances in Hongdae, I've become to appreciate more of her singing. I really think her hard work really payed off. Plus points as well for they can play different kinds of musical instruments which I think is refreshing to see among K-girl groups. According to different K-media sites and Cube Entertainment, CLC will be debuting this March 19, and Yay! I really can't wait. Plus their teaser images/profiles were really cute. I'm 100% supporting these girls and I hope other Kpop fanatics will love them as well. Fighting!

iKON. I've known iKON since WIN: Who is Next?, where they were originally known as Team B without the participation of iKON's current maknae Chanwoo. It is a 7 member hip hop boy group under YG Entertainment consisting of B.I, Bobby, Jinhwan, Jon Hoe, Yun Hyeong, Dong Hyuk and Chanwoo. Before becoming iKON, they had undergone 2 reality/survival shows namely WIN: Who is next and Mix&Match. During WIN, they were known as Team B, but unfortunately faced defeat with Team A, popularly known as WINNER now. After a bitter defeat, they were once again put into test in Mix&Match, where the final iKON line up was determined. This group already made impact to my KPOP heart during their stages and performances on both shows plus they are very quirky and hella funny. I also adore their mad skills both in singing (especially in making their songs) and dancing, they are really good and knows how to put a kick ass performance. I strongly recommend to watch their performances in WIN and Mix&Match, and mind you guys, you will really fall for these guys.

Last but not the least is Monsta X. They are the new boy group to debut under Starship Entertainment, consisting of 7 members namely Shownu, Wonho, Minhyuk, Kihyun, Hyungwon, Jooheon and IM. I'll be honest here, I've only known these boys for like 3 weeks but I really am addicted to them right now. In the past weeks, I am researching about these boys like a maniac (but a decent one of course, no harm intended just pure love for them) and based on my little reasearch, these boys were formerly  known as Starship Boys.  Some of them were also former members of underground KPOP groups. Like iKON, they were also a product of a reality/survival show called No Mercy. I have to admit, when I first saw the teasers of the show, I really convinced myself not to watch it coz they'll be like a copycat of iKON, and I really regret what I did, only if I could turn back time, I really will. I know they are both hip hop groups but to me there is no need to compare these two groups, they are unique in their own ways. Plus the more hip hop group the better right? Hahaha! I am a fan of hip hop music, so I guess there is no other choice for me but to love them. I know I need to research more about these boys, but based on their performances in No Mercy, I really think these boys will have a shot in dominating the KPOP industry this year. So I wish them luck, and please debut them soon Starship.

With these 3 rookie groups just waiting to debut this year, I really am hoping they can have all the love, support and attention that they deserve. I also hope that they will be considered and be tagged as the Super Rookies of 2015 just like Winner, Got7 and Lovelyz in the past year. I am supporting these groups in every way that I can and I hope other KPOP fanatics will appreciate and love them as well. I also wish the best of luck to other K-groups that will debut this year, and I promise to find time to like them as well. But for now, I just want to say "Fighting to CLC, iKON and Monsta X.!"

No comments:

Post a Comment